I have so many thoughts regarding the Writer’s in Paradise Writing Conference at Eckerd College that just ended this Saturday. I have so many emotions.
Let me start with some facts:
- Approximate amount of money spent on the conference fee, transportation, lodging, food, gas, miss = $1600
- Total number of author signatures obtained: 3 (from Laura Williams McCaffrey, Ann Hood, and Dennis Lehane)
- Size of my workshops: 12 of us students in the YA workshop with our leader Laura Williams McCaffrey
- My favorite moments were the “Best of” Brunch and the Dennis Lehane craft talk
- I loved everyone I met and am so grateful to have been accepted into the YA workshop and to work with such brilliant writers and readers
- LWM was brilliant and beautiful and such a great leader of our group
- Though some of the details were not as well done, overall the conference was a wildly successful conference
- The opening to Donuts in an Empty Field was read during Writer Idol (second day) and although I submitted a rather short ‘page’ it made it all the way through. Who doesn’t like donuts?
- Though I didn’t get instructions to sign up for the student reading, I made it onto the waiting list and everybody was able to read through the excellent stepping up leadership of Allison from our YA group.
- All the readings were worth going to
- The YA workshop was excellent
- I have plans to edit and finish and send off my manuscript from this workshop
Thank you fellow writers and readers. Perhaps I will see some of you next year because I already know I’d like to go back.