2015 Physical Activity Blog Post Breakdown
How do you work out?
This year I did volleyball, pole dancing classes, the Thriller Dance for the second year, stretch and flex classes, pole silks, hoop classes, acro yoga, Boudoir classes, a pilates class, and bootcamp.
Pole Dancing Stats:
- I took 109 classes this year at 7 different pole studios (some were during my writer retreat/vacation in St. Pete, FL)
- I spent $2252.25 on all my pole and flex classes for the year (that’s $20.66 per class!)
- I took 7 advanced spin classes
- I took 49 Inversions classes
- I took 30 stretch classes
- The classes ranged in price from $10-$32 each
- I spent 201 hours in all of the classes combined and 160 hours in pole-only classes
My favorite photos:
- I went to volleyball (outdoor in Bellevue Downtown Park) 8 times this year
- I ran 2.5 total miles
- I ran a mile in 11:02 at the fastest
- I went to 10 Boot-camp classes, starting November and love the instructor and the other bootcampers!
- I only had time to go to one workshop prior to the Flashmob!
- Check out the Youtube video HERE
- I did 5 pull-ups/chin-ups
- I can do 20 push-ups in a row
- I ran a mile in 11:02
- I can hand over hand climb to the top of the pole
- I can touch my toes
How do you work out?
This year I did volleyball, pole dancing classes, a hip hop class, a hooping class, a Bollywood class, an Aerial class, multiple Thriller workshops to learn the dance, belly dancing classes, and stretch and flex classes. I also did an afternoon ropes course.
I took the dBMEDx team to Bellevue downtown drop-in volleyball. I went to two miscellaneous volleyball drop ins and 18 Bellevue downtown park drop ins.
I tried out a belly dancing 6 class series in Bothell, see our performance piece here
I went to 5 Thriller 1.5 hour workshops in preparation for Thrill the World Remdond.
Paul and I did the ropes course in Woodinville for a couple of hours and went out on his boat multiple times this past summer (not much of a workout, I know)
We even went ‘clubbing’ where I danced the night away for an hour and a half or so. (Have I mentioned that dancing is great exercise?)
I tried out a hooping class, an aerial dance class, a hip hop class, and a bollywood class and didn’t get much satisfaction out of any of them for various reasons.
And then I found Spinderella… I took 25 pole classes and 2 stretch & flex classes this past year at the studio. I love all my instructors, especially the owner, who is fabulous in so many ways.