June 25th was all about the donuts!
My drop-in party at Neverending Bookshop was fabulous! Thanks to Rich for buying donut shop #3 (Krispy Kreme) donuts. Shout out to Annie and her mother for helping out and selling all the books. Thanks to Vicky and Sheri for coming all the way from North Bend! Thanks to the entire Allen family (yes, all of them) for coming out. Thanks to fellow author Emily Bates for stopping in (the shop also has her books for sale, hint hint). Thanks to the strangers who I met at the party who bought my books, said hi, and ate some donuts. Thanks to Paul for his rapid cleanup help and for washing the hours-crusted donut knife and cutting board. I had a ton of fun! Here are some pictures from that lovely event:
And now to the blind donut tasting results!
Donut shop #1 = Factory Donuts in Kirkland
Donut shop #2 = Countryside Donuts in Bothell
Donut shop #3 = Krispy Kreme
The donut contenders were cake, maple bar, glazed, and boston kreme!
The results are as follows:
- 9 people voted!
- Not all votes included rankings of all types of donuts
- The glazed favorite was… Countryside with 5/10 votes, second place was Krispy Kreme with 3/10 votes and last place was Factory Donuts with 2/10 votes
- My favorite glazed was from Countryside. Mmm mmm good.
- The cake donut favorite was… Factory Donuts with 3/6 votes (two voters thought all the cake donut contenders were terrible and I was of the same opinion)
- The Boston Creme favorite was… Factory Donuts wit 5/7 votes!
- The Maple Bar favorite was… Countryside Dontus with 4/7 votes, second place was Krispy Kreme with 2/7 votes and last place was Factory Donuts with a single vote
- I did not even try the maple bar because I don’t like maple bar frosting
The party-goers/readers also wrote down their thoughts about donuts, which I will keep with my donut supplies! The raffle winner was Sheri. Congrats! See you all at the next party and thanks to everyone who came out, ate donuts, said hi, and got a copy of Donuts in an Empty Field.
Donuts Amazon Order link: https://www.amazon.com/Donuts-Empty-Field-Love-Book-ebook/dp/B01FIGENWQ
My second party was a joint-author reading with lovely fantasy writer Ksenia Anske. I admire Ksenia for her boisterous personality, her fantastic author-reader communication, and of course for her lovely dark-raw-fantastical-imaginative writing.