Financial Independence Goals for 2020 Q2 snapshot
- Max out my Roth IRA, 401k and HSA contributions = monthly deductions mean this happens automatically!
- Build up my emergency savings to 6 months/~$18,000 = $10,200 in current emergency savings and $5800 in savings for car/computer/travel/phone
- Save 50% of my income =
- Don’t renew housing lease end of July (no rent spending 8/1 onwards = change of plans. We have renewed our rent with our current house as travel and house sitting is not a good option right now. I will continue to use house sitting as an option for potential low-cost travel. I love looking for new listings weekly on Trusted Housesitters. You can use this link to get 25% off a membership at Trusted Housesitters: https://www.trustedhousesitters.com/refer/RAF286731/
Here is an updated snapshot of my budgeting goals and how I’m meeting them. Red indicates going over the monthly budgeted amount and green indicates staying under.
- I bought a used ebike for personal and business use! $1000
- I supported an IndieGoGo campaign for a few hundred dollars
- I tricked out my garden DIY style ~$200
- I bought a garage fridge for $220
- I bought a pull-up freestanding bar and under-desk elliptical and inversion bench used for $195 total
- I spent $75 on a 4-week nutrition and health program
Here are my fitness stats for Q2 of 2020:
- Biking: 36.5 miles
- Pole classes: 1
- Stretch classes: 7
- Other classes: 4 Pilates classes, 3 handstand conditioning classes, 1 Alexander Technique class
- Other activities: Gardening, Beach Body Workouts!
Health goals 2020
1. Full P90X for 90 days!
2. Lose 3% body fat (I went from 26% to 29% using the BodyScan measurement 01/19 to 06/20)
3. 5+ pull-ups any format (I purchased a secondhand pull-up freestanding bar) and can currently do 4 chin ups, 3 pull-ups, 1 wide grip pull-up, 3 narrow pull-ups
Writing Goals for 2020:
- Deplete my physical book inventory = I sold and gave away several books in January and February but still have significant numbers of print books left. I will perhaps run more giveaways or do something creative like sell a book along with a free ARC reading or x amount of words edited.
- Break even on Ataxia and At One’s Beast = I met this goal in Q1!
- Revamp my website = I haven’t made any substantial changes to my website yet
- Write 4 short stories = I wrote 2 short stories thus far for two separate anthologies
- Send out 4 newsletters = 1 sent out 1 newsletter and am working on my Q2 newsletter this week
- Publish a new coloring book = Haven’t made any progress on this goal yet. I’m still deciding on the subject material.
Here is a list of my accomplishments for Q2:
- Run a giveaway
- Sell more print books (half of what I currently have in inventory)
- Give out review copies of books
- Redo all interior files for Seize the Donut, At One’s Beast, Ataxia and push to all marketplaces
- Create another niche coloring book
- Read 25 books
- Write 6 book reviews on my blog
- Create a promotion and marketing plan for the rest of 2020
- Write 1 short story
- Send out 1 newsletter
What are your goals and how are you meeting them?