2014 Writing Goals:
- Publish At One’s Beast
- FreeValley Publishing anthology published with Ataxia promo short story Ataxia and the Girl of Lost Dreams
- Review all current FreeValley Publishing author’s books
*I have accomplished all my author goals for 2014!
- I published a book of Poems called Wandering Imagination on January 2nd, 2014
- I published At One’s Beast July 24, 2014
- Was at 9 local events with my local writing group FreeValley Publishing:
- Black Dog Local Authors Night January 23, 2014
- Norwescon booth out in the lobby April 17th – 20th, 2014
- North Bend Library Poetry Month Reading, April 21st, 2014
- Maple Valley Days Booth June 13th – 15th, 2014
- North Bend Block Party, July 19th, 2014
- Snoqualmie Block Party, September 20th, 2014
- Si View Community Center Holiday Bazaar
- Gifts for Geeks at the AFK, December 13th, 2014
- Book Reading and Release for FVP Anthology, December 18th, 2014
- Worked on myself as an author by learning from FVP Author’s Workshop in January and AWP in March.
- Had a writer’s themed 24th birthday party paying homage to the greatest and shortest story ever written
- Attained my official government certified copyright for Ataxia and the Ravine of Lost Dreams
- Switched from blogspot to wordpress
- Won NaNoWriMo this year with my upcoming YA release in 2015, Donuts in an Empty Field
- Have over 10 reviews for each Ataxia and At One’s Beast
- Found some of the new breakout authors and read all their wonderful books!
- Started reading more Indie books and did 39 reviews in 2014!
- Won a review for At One’s Beast during the 12 Days of Review Requests blog by Jo Michaels
- Hosted a Goodreads Giveaway for both Ataxia and At One’s Beast with some success
- Participated in a Writing Process Blog Tour
- Analyzed my money spent and money earned as an author with categorical breakdowns
- Supported fellow authors by going to Ksenia Anske’s book reading and Jeffrey Cook’s Dawn of Steam Release Party
- Re-released Ataxia and the Ravine of Lost Dreams with updated cover and some interior editing
- Wrote a blog about living without sugar for my food project in January
2015 Writing Goals:
- Create audiobook version of poetry book, Wandering Imagination
- Write manuscript for book 1 of Fantasy trilogy
- Send Children’s Book to Publishers
- Write manuscript of The Geocache Killer
- Get At One’s Beast 15 reviews (Currently have: Goodreads -13, Amazon -11)
- Get Ataxia and the Ravine of Lost Dreams 20 reviews (Currently have: Goodreads -9, Amazon -9)
- Finished and Published audiobook copy of At One’s Beast
- Submit some short stories to contests/publications
- Finish YA manuscript Donuts in an Empty Field
What an awesome goals list, Rachel! I think you have to do what feels right for you. If you set small goals, reward yourself in some way when you achieve one of them. As far as your blog goes, think a little bigger (this is something I intend to cover soon) and do one BIG event each year. How or what is up to you, but use it to grow your network 🙂 I’ll have tips and suggestions on that tomorrow (Thursday is writing tip day lol). I love what you’re doing here. WRITE ON!
Writing tips, yay! Since switching from blogspot to wordpress I’ve seen huge growth in my network. Goodreads has also helped me find other authors. I hope to put something out there that adds to the chaos of the internet and not clutter it up too much. Thanks for the encouragement.
Pingback: Author Goals and Accomplishments from 2015 and Future Goals for 2016 | Rachel Author Barnard